Finally, after way more time than I care to think about, my family is reuniting in Arkansas next week. Immigration issues are done and we can now restart our life. I’m trying to revamp my blog and start posting on here again. So here’s a little funny list of the differences between Washington State, where I’ve lived the last year and a half, and Arkansas where I’m “from” and where I’m returning:
The Difference Between Washington and Arkansas:
1. They have Starbucks, Boeing and Microsoft, we have Wal-mart, JB Hunt and Tyson
2. They sip hot herbal tea, we drink sweet iced tea by the gallon
3. They have marionberry scones, we have sweet potato biscuits
4. They have salmon and oysters, we have catfish and crawdads!
5. They have cob houses, we have doublewide trailers
6. They soar with the Seahawks, we call the hogs! Sooey, pig, sooey! Go Razorbacks!
7. They had Kurt Cobain, we had Johnny Cash
8. They have Mount St. Helens, we have the Crater of Diamonds
9. They have the Olympics and the Cascades, we have the Ozarks and the Ouachitas
10. They have the goldfinch, we have the mockingbird
11. They have nettles, we have polk salad
Now is it just me, or is Arkansas like 10 times cooler than Washington?