The computer is not old technology. We just say they are not compatible in some situations. So, we can consider laptops as a substitute. They are portable and lightweight. And also, they cover less space. But if you want one, which one is best for you?
A lot of things need to be checked before buying a laptop. Never think to avoid this vital process as it creates problems in the long run. So, let’s discuss what point should be noticed in laptops hunting.
Which Operating System is good?
The operating system is the first and most crucial point to check before making any decision. In the market, you will find three operating systems if you need any missing file like msvcp140.dll missing you can download it from online. All of them have unique features and specs.
- Macintosh operating system: commonly known as macOS. Apple Inc developed it. So, it can be compatible with all Apple hardware.
- windows: Most computers around you have this operating system. They are the easiest to use, perfect for general to professional work. All Microsoft applications can be efficiently run on this OS. According to Microsoft, Windows 11 was officially released on October 5, 2021.
- chrome OS: Gentoo Linux-based operating system. This is a simple, speedy, and secure operating system. It is perfect for every Chromebook. It is designed by Google for all those people who need internet searches or are either working on chrome.
What Laptop size suits you most?
After selecting the operating system, now it’s time to check external specs. Everyone has their own needs to buy a laptop. The market offers different types of laptops for different users.
- 11 to 12 inches laptop is the lightest laptop with 2.5 to 3.5 lbs of weight. In appearance, it is the thinnest and smallest.
- 13 to 14 inches laptop has a good display. It has 4 lbs weight, so easy to carry anywhere.
- 15 to 16 inches laptops are perfect for business mind people. They are mostly used and popular laptops with 4 to 5.5 lbs of weight.
- 17 to 18 inches laptops are specially designed for gamers and graphic designers. Their approximate weight is 6.5 lbs. They are not suitable for portability.
Did you check Display Resolution?
It is another exterior spec. Some laptops have 1366 x 768 display resolution. But mostly, 1920 x 1080p resolution is perfect for most laptops. If you want a laptop for gaming, photo or video editing, and graphic designing, 4K display laptops are best.
How Much Ram Do I Need?
RAM is essential for laptops’ smoother and efficient working. 4 GB RAM is best for general use, and 8GB RAM is good enough for gaming and graphic designing.
How much storage do you need?
Your data is stored in hard drives. For better speed, most people use Solid State Drives (SSDs) in combination with NVMe. It performs faster. Some laptops have 256 GB or 512 GB storage area. They are perfect for general use. But if you need a great storage area to work, then 1 TB is best for you.
Which Processor is best?
CPU or chip is another necessary spec to check for better performance. Intel Processors and AMD processors are two processors providing companies. Intel Core i5 processor is good, but the most powerful is the core i9. For designing tasks, Core i7 and quad-core CPUs are recommended.
Did you check Battery Life?
Battery life is the most crucial point to check during laptops hunting. Longer battery laptops are the best options.
This discussion is enough for a beginner to understand what should be considered before buying a laptop. So, go, check and buy your dream laptop.